Est. in 1997 to support the work of the Academy, it is our Friends that now reflect the diverse and participatory RHA community.
The RHA holds a unique position in Irish culture as the oldest, artist-led visual arts organisations in the country. As an RHA Friend you will be supporting excellence in the Arts.
Join our community today and gain access to an unparalleled range of activities and engaging art events we offer throughout the year.
When You Join, You Receive
- Exclusive invitations to Varnishing Day, a preview of the RHA Annual Exhibition
- Invitations to all exhibition openings in the Academy’s galleries
- Access to a host of exclusive Friends-only events
- Subscription to the RHA ebulletin for info on all exhibitions, activities and events in the RHA
- Invitations to a range of Friends only virtual tours
- Invitations to our Lecture Series
- A yearly membership card entitling Friends to a range of discounts
- 20% discount at Margadh RHA (on lunch items, teas and coffees)
- 10% discount on all RHA Catalogues with Friends membership card
- Discount on an annual subscription to the Irish Arts Review
- 10% discount on membership to the Abbey Theatre
- 10% discount on membership subscription to join the Friends of The National Concert Hall
- Discount on IFI memberships
- Discount for entrance fees to venues for a range of Friends cultural tours
- Free entrance to the Royal Scottish Academy with valid RHA Friends Card (for Patron memberships and above)
- 10% Discount on the Friends of the Chester Beatty memberships
- 20% off tickets for the Car Boot Art Fair at Russborough House
- 20% discount on tickets for St. Ann’s Church Recitals, Dawson St. – every Thurs, 1.20pm – runs until end Dec 2022.
The RHA has five exhibition seasons each year. During each season Director, Patrick T. Murphy hosts a RHA Friends-only tour of the main shows. Additionally, during the Annual Exhibition, tours led by the Director and RHA Members take place each week for the duration of the exhibition.
Previous studio visits include artists: Carey Clarke PPRHA; Diana Copperwhite RHA; Dorothy Cross RHA; Damien Flood; Martin Gale RHA; John Gerrard; James Hanley RHA; Barbara Knezevic; Colin Martin RHA; Ciarán Murphy; Sinead Ní Mhaonaigh ARHA; Eilis O’Connell RHA; Mick O’Dea PPRHA; Vivienne Roche RHA; Una Sealy RHA; Imogen Stuart RHA; Donald Teskey RHA – and many, many more.
Previous tours include: Botanical Gardens; Farmleigh Mansion; the Freemasons’ Hall; The Little Museum of Dublin; IFI; Chester Beatty Library; Glasnevin Museum and Cemetery; National Concert Hall; Iveagh Gardens; Kilkenny Arts Festival; Galway Arts Festival; National Print Museum; National Library of Ireland and National Sculpture Factory.
Previous artists include: Carey Clarke PPRHA; Eilís O’Connell RHA; Richard Gorman RHA; Margaret Corcoran; Colin Martin RHA; Amanda Coogan; Gary Coyle RHA; Alan Butler and many more. Previous galleries visited include: IMMA; Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane; Farmleigh Gallery; Butler Gallery; Kevin Kavanagh Gallery; The Douglas Hyde Gallery; Monster Truck Gallery; Kerlin Gallery; National Gallery of Ireland among many more.
Recent Friends of the RHA trips include: Belgium; Philadelphia; Paris; Berlin; the Venice Biennale; Madrid; New York; Vienna; London – and nationally: Kilkenny; Galway; Cork; Kerry and Kildare to name a few.
All Friends of the RHA receive email invitations to all RHA exhibition openings including the exclusive Varnishing Day of the Annual Exhibition. Friends of the RHA are also invited to a range of extra events at the RHA including lectures, talks and tours with artists and RHA members, exclusive gallery parties, musical and theatrical performances in the gallery, auctions and launches. They receive continual updates on the RHA School’s life drawing classes and art workshops.
Previous RHA Friends virtual events include artist studio’s visits with artists such as Colin Davidson, Colin Martin RHA, Indian artist, Mantu Das. Exclusive tours of some of the most famous art museums in the world: the Uffizi – Florence, the Mauritshuis – the Hague.
Director tours of RHA exhibitions such as the RHA Annual.
The list goes on…!
In addition to all the above benefits, RHA Friends will also receive a range of short term offers and discounts from a variety of sources, throughout the year.
Be sure to join the RHA Friends email list when you join as a Friend to avail of these extra offers!
Please show your Friends membership card or quote your RHA Friends’ membership number to avail of all listed discounts.
We invite you to join now! Help us to make the next decade of the Friends programme as exciting as the first! Please contact our Friends Co-ordinator Michelle Considine if you would like more details or to join up. Phone (01) 661 2558 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are delighted to announce that RHA Friends who renew with us can benefit from the following:
- 20% discount in Margadh RHA.
- 10% discount on all RHA catalogues.
- Receive priority notification on all RHA Kids’ workshops.
- Receive discount on an annual subscription to The Irish Arts Review.
- An Ely Wine Bar loyalty card and 10% discount (book in advance).
- 10% discount on a membership subscription to the Abbey Theatre.
- 10% discount to join the Friends of The National Concert Hall.
- 10% discount to join the Friends of the Chester Beatty.
- Discount on Irish Film Institute Memberships, €30 Individual/€15 Concession (Normal price €35/€20).
- Discounts or free entry to a range of cultural events/venues throughout the year on Friends tours.
- Free entrance to the Royal Scottish Academy in Edinburgh to all exhibitions (Patrons memberships and above only).
- Discounts for entrance fees to venues for a range of Friends of the RHA cultural tours.
Please show your Friends membership card or quote your RHA Friends’ membership number to avail of these discounts. To gain entrance to the Royal Scottish Academy please have proof of Patron (or above)membership by showing your Friends membership card.